So, for the silver lining awards, here are three things that I like to do when I get down and need to find a Silver Lining to make my day better.
1. Go to Sola Cafe and have a Syrian Fattoush Salad.
2. Read a book.
3. Watch Duke win a basketball game.
So thanks, Jen. I'm excited to get a chance to think about things that I like to do when I need a little uplifting energy. I hope that the people I nominate for this blog award get a chance to think about what they do that makes their bad days better.
1. Linda at the Sexual Intellectual
2. Mary at Montana Chic
3. Victoria, the Ron Empress
Here is the award that I made up to acknowledge some of my favorite blogs for the good posts they've put up in the last couple of weeks. I got the cool antique trophy picture from Simon Howden at FreedigitalPhotos.net, which is a very cool place to find royalty-free photos.
1. Emily Bryan's self-editing post, for Courage.
2. Friar Tuck's post on Johnny Cash, for Nostalgia.
3. Kris Tualla's post on branding, for Craft.
4. The Celtic Queens post on Selkies, for History.
5. Linda Rader's post on painting, for Art.
6. Mary's post of her poetry, for Creativity.
7. Chris Syme's post on social media, for Warnings.
8. Sarah MacLean's post on chefs, for Hotness.
9. Jane's post on sexuality, for Straight Shooting.
If you know me, you know that I hate (hate-hate) lists that are divisible by five. And I love nines. So I'm gonna stop at nine. But there were a *lot* of good posts in the last couple of weeks. Next week, I'll try to stick to just one week. Might make it easier.
On a side note, if you're a romance novel reader, you should definitely check out the DABWAHA over at Dear Author. It's going to be a *very* fun contest, a la March Madness. Oh, and HELLO MARCH MADNESS! :-) Today is Selection Sunday. So for awhile, I won't be available because... um... Duke game, and then freakin Kentucky plays. And then it'll be almost time for the Selection Show, and then Bracketology. So today is my day off from writing, and I'm going to take full advantage of it!! :-)
Anyway, I hope you check out some of these blogs. Very good writing. Lots to think about. Lots to learn. Hope you all enjoy!!